This week’s edition of Foodie Friday : Gluten Free Roasted Chicken
I love meals that are naturally gluten free and easy to make. This meal has little prep time, little mess to clean up and smells amazing while it is cooking! The olive oil and white wine combine into a rich buttery base for this dish, while still being dairy free, for my dairy free friends.
This delicious dinner was rounded out with the addition of oven roasted broccoli with pine nuts and mashed potatoes to complement the main course.
– olive oil
– white wine
– spices : salt & pepper
– herb : your choice of tarragon, rosemary, oregano, etc
– chicken (either cut up a whole chicken, or just purchase your favorite bone-in selections)
1. place chicken in cast iron pan, or preferred baking dish
2. pour olive oil over chicken till chicken and pan are lightly coated
3. pour about 1/2 cup of white wine into pan
4. salt & pepper to taste
5. place whole cloves of garlic into pan, 7-10 pieces
6. place a few slices of lemon onto chicken
7. place a few pieces of fresh herbs around chicken
8. bake chicken at 450 degrees fahrenheit for 35 minutes, or until chicken is done
By Amanda Turner
Looking for a gluten free dessert? Click HERE for gluten free peanut butter cookies.